Are you a student at UMass, Amherst College, Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, Smith, or any of the other colleges near Holyoke, MA?
If you are interested in anything you see on this website, the marketing thereof, or the business side of the operation, then you might want to consider doing an internship with Midnightson Designs. You can earn college credit if your school offers the option. Assigned tasks vary depending on an individual’s interests and skills. Your work may include scanning art into the computer, running errands, making a web video, miscellaneous office work, helping assemble email campaigns, or any number of other things. Internship work schedule can be tailored to your class schedule for the semester.
To let Carey know you are interested, or to ask questions, send e-mail to email@example.com
Please write “Internship” in the subject line.
PLEASE NOTE: According to the Department of Labor, an unpaid internship must meet all these criteria:
- The internship is similar to training which would be given in an educational environment
- It’s for the benefit of the intern
- The intern doesn’t displace paid employees
- The employer doesn’t benefit from work the intern is doing, “and on occasion, its operations may actually be impeded.”
- The intern isn’t promised a job at the end (unpaid “tryouts” aren’t allowed)
- Both the intern and their boss understand it's an unpaid position
We are a very small company and it seems unlawful to have an unpaid intern based on the ABOVE reasons. If you feel you still want an unpaid internship we will accept your inquiry.
Here is another article related to this matter: https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2016/05/17/when-students-pay-tuition-work-unpaid-internships